* "Ms. Billie Ledbetter of Hiddenite turned 100 last month! When asked to what she attributed her long life? She said: "Eating right and trying to stay away from doctors."
* "Easiest way to find out if someone is not from around here is to ask them where they went to "VBS"* growing up." *(Vacation Bible School)
* "Prison is not supposed to be a comfy, cozy place. If you want to make them comfortable, ask them to move in with you."
* "Some people don't know the difference between moonshine and prescription pills."
* "We are so appreciative of all the crazy people going to Raleigh to oppose the recent legislation."
And this week's #1 classic...
* "Maybe we can get our Congressman to introduce a mind-your-own-business law."
(Perhaps... but, don't hold your breath.)