|Callin' North Carolina home!|
* "Join us for the Memorial Day Round-up Rodeo at the livestock arena. Bulls will be rode, riders will be throwed! Come as you are, 'cause cowboys never bathe, they just dust off."
* "Cornbread Ted and the Butterbeans will be featured in a free concert at 7 p.m. at the John Penland Folk School. The concert will be held in the festival barn, weather permitting. Hay bale seating is available on a first come basis."
* "Makeover Set for Downtown Trashcans - The Merchants Association is going to give the trash bins around town a facelift. The Board of Commissioners voted unanimously to let the merchants paint the lids black. The idea has been in the works for some time and has gone through several reviews."
* "Kelli Minton is the new Leisure Activity Speciaiist for the County, she..."
* "The problems we face today in this Country are there because the folks who work for a living are outnumbered by the folks who vote for a living."
And, this week's first-in-class...
* "The Republican panty-waists down there in Raleigh... (Just take my word for it; it goes way down hill from there!)..."